Sunday, April 12, 2009

Stinkin cute

As usual, Pants a I did not take one picture today. But, oh, the children were cute.

My mom, grandma, aunt, uncle, and cousin came over this morning for breakfast and to watch the kids look at their baskets. They set up an egg hunt in the front yard for the girls, just like I used to do for my younger cousins when I was back in high school. We did bubbles, of course. The weather was absolutely gorgeous, the nicest Easter we've had in years.

Without a nap, the kids went straight over to MIL's for dinner with Pants' family. We actually had a really great time, no family tension, or maybe I just let it roll off me.

The kids were really tired but made it through the whole time with no major melt-downs and were gorgeous and well-behaved the whole time. Makes me feel like we're doing something right, you know?

The girls got puzzles in their baskets and Kitten showed quite an interest AND an aptitude for putting them together. They got a new game that they love. They got books and Play-Doh and new cups and crazy straws.

And it was like one of those perfect days where everything goes right and you're in the moment all day and there's no worries, just family and happiness.

I hope everyone as great a day as I just did.

6 comments:

Syl said...

Oh, and I got a gorgeous silver ankh necklace brought back from Egypt FOR ME. Totally something I would wear, simple and thoughtful.

Isn't every day better with jewelry?

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Oh, what an AWESOME day! Yay!!!!

(And bonus YAY! for jewelry, esp. jewelry that's right for you!)

Allknowingjen said...

That is pretty cool that you did an outdoor egg hunt Yay for no meltdowns! And no family tension too!
:)

DiploWhat said...

No family confrontations is always a welcome surprise. As for us, we stayed in and watched TV and movies as the air was rated "hazerdous" that day. Plus, it was nice to just spend a quiet day with the hubby and cat since I was gone the week prior. Extra bonus, no homework that weekend. Though I did miss having a good ham and some cheesy potatoes.

Syl said...

Don't get me wrong - we would not have done an outdoor egg hunt if it was not done for us. It has become apparent for me that parents don't do these things, other people with more energy do this for other people's kids because they were too tired to do it for their own.

Unknown said...

Sounds like it was a wonderful day all around. Jewelry is just the icing on an already perfect cake. We never had easter egg hunts for the kids. I guess I need more nearby relatives! LOL. Oh well, we did get a wonderful surprise from the Easter bunny anyway. (Okay, I did it to get a chuckle out of Cheesehead. He needed a good laugh since he's been down lately...)