Sunday, September 06, 2009

So here's what happened

Ok, so actually I don't know. I was up with the kids and went into their rooms to get them some clothes. I had been up for a little over an hour; I didn't fall, twist my leg, or do anything I wasn't supposed to do.

Suddenly, after I got Kitten's clothes out of her drawer but was still in her room, my leg hurt really bad right behind the knee. I couldn't bend it without pain. I couldn't put weight on it, which was a problem because I was still in Kitten's room. I had to hobble out to the couch on one crutch, by which time I was sobbing.

MIL was taking the kids today anyway, so we got them dressed and in the car so we could drop them off on our way to the ER. I left a message for the on-call doc at Dr. Pittman's clinic but never got a call back. The ER was slow and we were there for almost 4 hours. They did x-rays, and ultrasound to check for a blood clot, and then more x-rays. Nothing came up and they don't know why I'm in pain. I would have put money on a new fracture.

On the bright side, the ER doc came in with a glowing look and told me how good my tibial plateau looked, as if it had never been broken. He said it was amazing for such a traumatic injury. Even people who haven't heard of Dr. Pittman think he's the best.

So here I sit, on the couch again with my leg elevated, back to 0% weight-bearing until I see Dr. Pittman on Tuesday.

4 comments:

Allknowingjen said...

Aw man- that is a bitch. I am sorry you are off your feet again (has the pain gotten any better?) I hope it's just over use due to enthusiasm and nothing serious. Or maybe it's the bionic-ness kicking in? I don't remember it being painful for Lindsay Wagner, but maybe they glossed over that part.

Allknowingjen said...

OMG! I was writing that comment and the Sleep number bed commercial with Lindsay Wagner came on the TV! It's like I conjured her just by thinking about her.

Syl said...

You crack me up. The pain is much better today, just a twinge here and there when I get up and try to move. Resting again today and hopefully getting in to see Dr. Pittman tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you just pinched a nerve and it's temporary? Or a kind of sciatia (SP?) in your knee?
Here's hoping you get better soon. - Diplowhat