Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Needing a boost

This is my third week on Weight Watchers and I'm down almost 10 pounds. The first two weeks were good, easy, no problems, I felt committed and motivated.

This week I'm only 3 days in and I'm falling apart. Of my 35 "flex points" for the week, I have 10 left. The last 2 days have not gone well.

So here is my plan for the next few days to get back on track:
Tonight - I will do a short arm workout.
Tomorrow - We will take the kids for a walk after dinner. I will stay within daily points by bringing my lunch and I will drink all 6 glasses of water. I will do a short ab workout.
Thursday - I will bring lunch and stay within daily points. I will do another short arm workout. I will drink all 6 glasses of water.

So here in front of all of you, I am saying I will get back on track and make this work. I am doing well and I can continue to do this. I want my cholesterol to come down. I want to be a healthy weight for my kids. A healthier weight is better for my knee, my asthma, my life.

5 comments:

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Go you! That's awesome! It does get harder when the shiny wears off, doesn't it?

Would setting a timer help you remember to drink your water? Maybe to go off every 15 minutes & then you could drink a quarter of your glass?

Happy Veggie said...

I agree, go you! You can do it.

For water, I bring a water bottle to meetings. It is dorky, but I don't care. I can "mindlessly" drink during meetings and it seems to make it go faster. I also have a huge water bottle, equivalent to three glasses by WW standards. For me, my goals is around 80 ounces of water a day, which is at least four of my bottle.

Allknowingjen said...

Hope the rest of your week is better now that you have a plan! You can do it! We'll be waiting for an update :)

Kashka said...

I have a little sign on my fridge that says, "Food is the Enemy." It makes me laugh, yes, but it also gives me time to re-think whether I'm eating for hunger or for something to do.

Go, You!

Unknown said...

I hear you, stress can make it hard to stick to a healthy plan. I have a 1.1 liter water bottle, if I fill it twice a day I get my 8 glasses of water. I usually don't though...