Saturday, May 22, 2010

Trashy Diva, where have you been?

Oh right. I could never fit in your clothes before...

So, I have a couple of "dress casual" type events this summer to attend and I have no clothes to wear. I've been searching for attractive dresses for my anniversary for weeks and nothing.
And lo, I suddenly catch a link from Jezebel comments that leads me to Trashy Diva. And I am in HEAVEN. So now I'm just trying to decide between a couple of options and figure out what size I'll be then.

Option 1: More of a 70's classic styling and probably more versatile in my wardrobe, but made in silk and definitely more expensive:
Option 2: Classic Audrey Hepburn styling with a V back -

Option 3 - 40s style that falls below the knee -Option 4: My absolute fave, hints at retro with a modern feel, but only available up to a size 12 and I'm not sure I can get there from here in time -


Option 5: Classic summer 50s style -

So - which print and which style (some styles are available in multiple prints, like options 3 and 5)? And if I'm a 16 today and it took 6 weeks to get here from 18, and I'm losing 1-2 lbs per week, can I get to a 12 by July? I'm thinking no, 14 is probably what I'm looking at, but maybe you know something I don't.

Ooh - late entry - this is from their clearance section and is still available in L/14. Still somewhat pricey because it's silk crepe de chine, but the clearance price puts it in range of the non-silks above.

8 comments:

Allknowingjen said...

Oooh! I like the late entry, #1, #5 & #4 (in that order. And 4 is only last due to the sizing thing...what is the return policy? Could you get it just in case?) Also I think #1 might not be summery enough. And #2 is growing on me as it is awfully cute.
You should also look over at eshakti {dot}com - I haven't bought anything there yet only because I can't make up my mind.
Aren't I so very helpful? ;)
And woo hoo! for the weight loss! You are doing awesome!

Happy Veggie said...

I'm with AKJ on choices. Love the late entry.

Have you looked at Shabby Apple? I think they will be where I get my next dressy dress from. I'm having trouble making up my mind, but I have seen their stuff on people and it looks good on a variety of body types.

Jaysan said...

#1, but if you don't want to spend the cash, then late entry.

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Oh, I love them ALL! If I didn't always have to actually try things on & so am unwilling to risk internet/catalog clothes shopping, my credit card would be OUT and I'd be filling that shopping cart!

Ok, but if I HAVE to narrow, I'd pick... I think you'd look HOT in #1, but I really really like the late entry & #4 a lot, too. Those are my top choices. I like 2, but I think it might end up looking mono-bosom-y with that print & neckline.

Syl said...

I'm leaning heavy to the late entry, but it's on "final sale" and can't be returned. I did find their sizing chart, though, and it looks like I could make it in a few more weeks with some ab workouts and Spanx (which are mandatory now anyway).

Anyone know anyone in my vicinity that does alterations? Cheap? I'm a really short-waisted girl and will probably have to have the fabric taken in at the shoulder seems.

Happy Veggie said...

There is a tailor in my building, and she's known for being the person that all of the expensive places have people go to. She's odd, reasonably priced, and only a few blocks from you.

Kashka said...

Pusher's mom has done my alterations for me. But she does like me best.

I like #2, but take that for what it's worth.

Pusher said...

Mama B. would probably be willing to do alterations for you. She likes sewing.