Saturday, June 26, 2010

Random Thoughts

I got my first perfume oil from Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab, one of the Sins and Salvation set, Envy. I picked it blind by the description that sounded cool, so I immediately put some on to try it and I kinda dug it - what luck! Now, at the end of the day, I realize what it smells like on me - Ralph Lauren Safari. I have managed to blind-select a perfume oil that will make me smell exactly like my mother.

My car has been leaking water from under the dash for almost 2 weeks. At first, I couldn't figure out why my pant leg was getting a little damp in the front - did I spill something? Lean against the car? Then it dribbled out when I was wearing sandals. It was clearly water. After a few days, it started pouring out every time I turned right. When I finally got it in three days ago, they said the drain hole for the AC was clogged and they drained half a gallon of backed up water when they cleaned it out. But now my car is musty and stinky.

Jean diapers? Really?

Seeing a commercial with Tom Bosley makes me realize how young he and Marion Ross must have been when Happy Days was filming.

The new Twilight: Eclipse album is out and it rocks. Seriously, The Black Keys are my new find off it - dirty and funky, a bit of late 60s beatnik feel to it. Hot. Also try Florence + the Machine, UNKLE, or Bat For Lashes (they do an awesome duet with Beck for the movie). Yes, the movies may suck, but the music kills.

I read somewhere that using an antiperspirant in your pits will make you sweat more elsewhere. As I have again encountered my annual summer athlete's foot infection, which I usually can't seem to get rid of, I trying deodorant in hopes that my feet don't sweat as much. First I picked up the JASON Tea Tree deodorant, which was ok, but I found the crystal deodorant, which rocks (excuse the pun). You no longer have to buy a giant rock, you can buy a giant rock in the shape of a roll-on deodorant bottle. And I don't stink! Nor am I really sweating that much more, so no antiperspirant needed. And it's unscented, so no pitty rash for me! Super bonus.

I'm going to be trying some alternate methods for eradicating my athlete's foot this time too, as my kind (moccasin-style that covers the whole foot bottom) is the hardest to get rid of. So here it is - hydrogen peroxide rinse at night, thorough drying and Lamisil AT. I will also be washing all my socks and shoes with Borax to kill the infection there.

3 comments:

Pusher said...

I really do dig the Twilight soundtracks.

Hm. I may have to try the crystal deodorant. I gave Tom's of Maine a shot, stunk for two days and threw it away. Oh, Tom's. First you discontinue my cinnamint toothpaste, now this? We might need to break up.

Syl said...

Jezebel commenters also had bad things to say about Tom's deodorant. But I swear by the crystal now - BUT - they have ones that have crystal "essence" in a gel form and ones that are actually solid. I haven't tried the gel, only the solid. Also, you might have to go to Walgreen's or another pharmacy, I didn't find it at Cub or Target.

DiploWhat said...

i always wondered about those crystals. Now that 3 people I can actually trust say it works, I'll have to pick one up while in the States and try it.