Monday, March 02, 2009

Boy don't make passes...

So I ordered my new glasses this evening. He tweaked my prescription a tad for far distance and said I wouldn't notice any difference up close.

I went a little daring and picked out kind of a funky retro pair of glasses, a bit of a departure from the barely there glasses I normally wear. It's hard to tell with my vision if the glasses I picked will be cute or a huge mistake, but it's a done deal now.

They had a deal going for $59 for an additional pair of glasses so I also chose one of the clearance pairs off the rack for sunglasses, since none of my clips will probably fit the pair of glasses I chose.

They also fixed the pair I have so I don't get a headache tomorrow from my glasses being all kitty-wompus and messing with my astigmatism. I know, you wish you were hot like me. You know it's awesome when the optometrist makes a comment about how bad you're prescription is and recommends that you keep your current pair as a backup.

Cuz you won't be able to go anywhere or do anything without a pair of glasses.

8 comments:

Happy Veggie said...

Amen. I'm going full on funky next time I think. Just waiting until these are a year old to do it. I hate my current pair.

Unknown said...

Ha. I did that too. I have a pair of black glasses I thought look rather funky. I don't wear them often though since I'm used to the barely there look. It's fun to be able to change it up.

DiploWhat said...

Have you looked into LASIK or LASAK? I've had LASIK and Wog LASAK (because his corneas were too thin for the regular). We LOVE it, and they can also fix astigmatisms. Good way to use health care reimbursement funds too!

Syl said...

I would love to. Sadly, I have no money and no reimbursement fund. The daycare reimbursement comes out of my check, so we decided to I should get paid SOME money instead of owing the company each paycheck.

DiploWhat said...

Wow. Sorry to hear your company doesn't have HCR. I'm actually kind of surprised. Every place I've worked had one and I'm sure glad as I've had plenty of medical expenses (including many over the counter drugs, glasses and contacts, etc) that are nice pay for with non-taxed dollars! (especially if your plan has a deductable) Maybe you could ask your HR department on if they could start to provide one?

Syl said...

Oh, we have one. I just have so much taken out for daycare that we choose not to participate for health care.

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Oh, say, while I'm thinking of it... was it you to whom I lent my copy of "Sailing to Sarantium?" I've run across the second book in the series & I was trying to remember where the first one was!

DiploWhat said...

Really? Well, maybe you can do it next year. After all, so long as you don't put too much in, you get all the money back plus you didn't have to pay taxes on that part of your income. Double bonus. Wish I would have put more in this year. Wasn't expecting the doc to order another CAT Scan of my sinuses. "Ouch!" said the wallet that day!