Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Oh dear god, I'm still here?

So, I'm beginning to get a feel of just how long I'm gonna be stuck in the same place and I'm suddenly wondering if I can get a wheelchair and a pair of binoculars to spy on the neighbors. Of course, you know how well that turns out...

Like Pusher, I also love how refreshingly, brutally honest Dr. Pittman is. He tries to sugar coat occasionally, but it's so laughingly obvious it's just funny. Like when he told me that sometimes injuries like this can result in arthritis. But most certainly for me. But it could be up to 20 years before I feel the effects. No worries.

Because Pants had to run out the door this morning to get to work on time, I let him go and then got up by myself to go to the bathroom. Nothing dangerous or stupid, just the bathroom. And then I hopped into the kitchen and made myself a bowl of cereal, which I ate at the counter. All of this is quite mundane, except it's the first time I've traveled by myself on crutches without a spotter.

Don't get me wrong, I haven't had any issues on the crutches since surgery, but I did take a nasty fall a couple of days before surgery when I was still on my splint. Dear me, it hurt like absolute hell and may have contributed to the eventual severity of the break. It was arrogant and vain to try to get up by myself at that time and I got overconfident after making it to the bathroom and getting myself a snack in the kitchen. I started to get cocky and stupid and fell over.

So, keep it simple, do what I have to, and get my dumb ass back to the couch. Safety in simplicity, I tell you. Kashka, you can bring that lesson to class.

4 comments:

DiploWhat said...

Hope you stay safe in your medically endorsed slug like state. I can see where it would get pretty dull, but what an awesome excuse to rest. Hope you are able to take advantage.

So, do you have enough metal in your leg now that you need a special note from "Oh! Dr. Pittman!" to get through the metal detector at the airport? =)

Pusher said...

I love that movie. I'm not going to be your accomplice though. That part still makes me want to crawl under the bed.

Let me know if you need a delivery of movies and/or books!

Kashka said...

Here's my random Rear Window anecdote: I saw an interview with Raymond Burr where he insisted on the interviewer not calling his character "the killer" since it was never really proven in the movie that Mrs. Thorvald was dead.

Syl said...

Perry Mason to the end.