Friday, April 18, 2008

Dear butthead:

It's been a long day, so please excuse my polite honking. At least it's not the prolonged, angry honking, which still sounds pretty wussy coming from my xB.

But, you see, it took almost 10 minutes to get out of the parking ramp, and I couldn't get into the far lane as I prefer. That means I have to wait for the light because all of the buses are turning the corner onto another full block so they can never go.

And clearly there is a convention. I get that. There are people all over the place, the traffic cops are out in the intersections. Must be a big one.

But the reason I am honking, sir, is that you just pulled up to the curb, smack between two signs that say "No Stopping" to let someone out of that behemoth of a car. Someone who isn't even getting out. I know you're letting someone out for the convention, because we're in front of the doors and all, but the reason it says "No Stopping" here, in front of the doors, is that you're blocking my lane. I can't get around you without cutting off traffic in the other lane. And that lane is full.

So, you'll understand if my honking is polite but persistent. I know you're new down here, so if you pulled over for a couple of seconds to let someone out, I would understand. But she isn't getting out. You have now stopped traffic for at least 2 full minutes while we wait for someone to get of your car, right between the "No Stopping" signs.

I don't like to honk, sir, but that is why I am honking at you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

UGH! I don't miss that aspect of the cities life AT ALL. Shhesh. Why are some people so darn incosiderate? I do miss you though. Hopefully I'll get to see you soon! We are probably coming in two weeks to pick up the rest of our stuff. One way or another we're going to be rid of that house soon.

Jaysan said...

That is why I always avoid using that particular exit!