Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Random Thoughts

My vampire name is Opal of the Vile.

I have decided that my future tattoo is a phoenix.

I am on a Target diet again. Starting...... now.

And not starting this afternoon because the best $20 I ever spent was on the tower fan I bought this evening. I'm actually almost cold now.

I have to start bringing lunch to work and cooking at home. I want to involve the kids in cooking - maybe on the weekend and freezing food again? It was just so... tasteless.

My drag queen name is Donna Sommersault.

Where is the best place to get a tattoo? I don't want it on my back, I won't be able to see it. Stomach is out, I would eventually like to shrink that a bit. And god forbid it grows.

7 comments:

Happy Veggie said...

I found these great marinades at United Noodle of all places, really tasty, held up well to being brought for lunch the next day. We're grilling *everything* right now, since I hate heading up the house.

LOVE the tower fan. Best invention in fans ever (cept maybe the in/out circulator window fan I had in NYC.

Happy Veggie said...

Oh, tattoo, this place in the east village in nyc. That's not local enough, but if you want to go there, I'll go with you, I want another one.

DiploWhat said...

Where do you live? If it's in the Twin Cities area, I recommend Visual Addiction - assuming it's still there.

Pusher said...

Maybe you could buy a henna phoenix stencil and try it out on various areas, see where you think it looks best.

Allknowingjen said...

Mine is on the upper-thigh, which I've been pretty happy with as a location. I can see it, but it's well hidden, yet I can also easily show it to people without feeling immodest. Also- no bones there, so the pain was minimal. Once I can settle on a design I am getting another one.

DiploWhat said...

oh, we're talking pain/location areas then here are my notes:
Inside of upper arm will sting,
Lower back hurts like a son a...
Top of foot is popular, but bone there so can hurt. Skin in also thin there so some artists won't do it.
Upper thigh good and fatty without many nerves.
Upper back is also okay.
Just remember, the outline of a tattoo goes deeper and that's what hurts. The filling doesn't go as deep and, IMHO, doesn't hurt.

Ms. Huis Herself said...

I like your "names." Also, we should get a tower fan for either Penguin's room or the guest room.

Pumpkin likes stirring... and tasting... that's about it. Oh, and dumping in ingredients, if you don't mind a bit of spillage. I usually only have her "help" when we're doing something like making cookies or bread or something mid-day because I don't like to go the slower speed it takes when she "helps" for supper.

Keep us informed about the tattoo!