Thursday, July 03, 2008

What a difference a day makes

Yesterday I took money matters in hand, paid the bills, made some phone calls to straighten out our cell and satellite accounts, and figured out how to pay off a bill and drop our monthly bill load $200/month.


OMG. Today at work, things were still a bit dicey, but this evening. My, this evening, how different things have been. The girls and I cleaned Meimei's room, set up her toddler bed (formerly Kitten's toddler bed) and put the sheets on, moved the bench out of her room to give her more play room, put all the toys away in her toy organizer thingy, and started on the closet and dresser organization. She's still in her crib for now, but her room was really our huge project for this weekend. Now we're about 40% done - on the first evening.

And the kids did better this evening, probably because I was nicer to them. Kitten went to bed better than she has in weeks. Meimei let me put her jammies on and change her without a fit.

Did I mention her room got cleaned?

And now I'm about to clean up the entryway. Like I've been planning for 3 weeks. And put the Low-e film purchased last weekend on the patio doors.

Hmmm. Think the depression might have been about the money? Yep. It's not completely done yet, but I feel much better.

Moral of the story? Grab the reins, chica. Grab the reins.

2 comments:

Jaysan said...

does that mean you have changed your mind about Friday???

Unknown said...

YAY! That's so awesome, want to come and look at MY bills?

With all of that cleaning done, you just freed up some extra time in your weekend too. Speaking of cleaning, I've been meaning to clean the garage but I don't want to starve the baby birds because the parents are too scared to come around when we're out. Is that a pathetic excuse to put off cleaning the garage? Cheesehead seems to think so....

Doesn't it feel great when you get things done, doesn't it?