Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Love it!

If you have kids, and you have not yet discovered Kidsurplus.com, go there now. Do not pass go, do not read the rest of this post. Now. Go.

Best new purchase? Stride Rite sandals for $17.99. I know the size, just needed to find them in the right size, and cheap. And sometimes the outlet? None in the right size. And the shipping from Kidsurplus.com? Probably what I would pay for gas to and from Albertville anyway, only to find they are nearly out of everything in Kitten's size and I can't get the nice velcro ones. Cuz tying shoes on a 2 year old is hard enough, but just try buckling a pair of sandals. I'd rather shave my head with a cheese grater.

Oh, and while you are there, check out their clearance section. You're paying shipping anyway, and I believe it's flat rate, so get a couple of other things you need. Like a new bottle brush. And this cool little thing that you can stick onto seat belt buckles that makes it really icky-feeling for toddlers to try to press them. And for less than $2, I think I'll find out if it works. And a couple of new hats for the kiddos (vacation at the beach later this summer, you know). You'll be amazed at what you can find in the clearance section that you would buy anyway.

And then. You must look through the toys. Some of the best brands, like Melissa and Doug, Manhattan Toy, Learning Curve, Lamaze, Haba, in addition to the standard brands - Sassy, First Years, Fisher Price, etc.

The website is not terribly well organized, but it's worth the time to browse through occasionally when you need something else anyway. Take the time to try it out, you won't be disappointed!

3 comments:

Allknowingjen said...

Oh yes- One of my faves!

Happy Veggie said...

Wow. Totally cool. Gonna have to keep an eye on that place.

Pusher said...

...Damn you Syl, now I want sticky toffee pudding.