Monday, July 16, 2007

Random Thoughts

Henry Cho isn't really funny.

Traveling with a toddler is about 37 times more expensive than you can ever imagine it will be. Or you will be carrying about 96 lbs. more stuff than you carry. Pick one and commit.

Yard work trucks purchased for $79 rock. That thing's already pulled it's weight.

Dead trees suck. Especially 70-80 foot dead trees that dwarf everything else in the neighborhood. Dead trees that must be cut down within 30 days or we will be fined by the city. Aargh.

My heel got stuck in the metal groove outside the elevator today, literally stuck, and I couldn't get my foot out, and the elevator started buzzing because I was keeping the door open WITH MY LEG, and I finally took my foot out of the shoe (which is lovely when you are barefoot and haven't painted your toenails in many weeks) and pulled the shoe out, but unfortunately left the little rubber heel part in the groove, so now the shoe is ruined and the elevator door doesn't want to close because there's a little plastic shoe piece in there. And I debated if I should report it to building services, but the door closed finally and I forgot about it, what with throwing out my shoes and all. I really liked that pair.

Kitten got a timeout at daycare today. For sitting on her sister. I know you think that's funny, but it's not. Ok, it's sorta funny.

7 comments:

Happy Veggie said...

1. You wear heels? Who knew.

2. Dogs do that sitting thing to show dominance. Alpha baby! (I know its only funny because I have one)

Pusher said...

Which one of your trees is dead? Is it the willow? Is it actual multiple trees? Yikes!

I don't even know who Henry Cho is.

Will you still do my taxes if I pick up a freelancing job?

Syl said...

It's one of the big beautiful trees in the back - I would be out there with a hacksaw already if it were the willow.

Comedian.

I will still do your taxes. Will you still make me dinner?

And I didn't even think of the Alpha dog thing. That's funny!

And I do occasionally wear heels. Although that was one of my favorite pair, and now they're trash.

Anonymous said...

Aren't there shoe repair stores anymore? I thought there was one in Elk River. They'd probably do them both so the heels weren't off or anything but I'm not an expert, so don't ask me!

On another note... who was that saint you buried in your back yard to sell your house last year? At this point, anything's worth a shot!

Syl said...

It's Saint Francis, I think, just do a google search.

And I couldn't repair the shoes because the heel is still stuck in the metal groove outside the elevator.

Ms. Huis Herself said...

I agree with cinj. If it's just the little black end piece, then I think a shoe repair place carries those & can replace it.

Pusher said...

Aw, damn. I was really hoping it was the willow -- I know that tree pisses you off, and just think how much fun we could have planning your full sun front yard! :-)

Of course I'll still make you dinner! In fact, I'm thinking I should make you dinner within the next few weeks in order to lure you to my place to explain what I'll need to start keeping track of so you can do my freelance-complicated taxes....