Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Project gone awry


Pants and I have actually been doing laundry. So I was hanging yet another load of clothes in my closet last night and the new rod I hung up last weekend tore the brackets out of the wall and dumped everything on the floor.

And there it sits. One side is still held up by one screw, so the whole rod is cock-eyed across the back of the closet, clothes mostly on the floor, some caught in the middle of the rod. Still. And my kitty peering out at me from underneath the partially hanging clothes. (pic is sans kitty).

But it's not a total loss. I installed the rod off-level, so I was going to have to take it down anyway.

3 comments:

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Oh MAN!

I loved your last paragraph though. Way to look at the bright side?

Anonymous said...

And hey, at least it doesn't seem like kitten had freaked at having these clothes falling all around her head....

On the bright side, at least the shelf looks like it's doing well! If you weren't worried about being able to move your hangers without lifting them up, it looks like you could always just put the hanger through the bars on the front edge of the shelf. Um, I guess that's only if there are back clips installed....

Pusher said...

D'oh! See, this is what happens when all the laundry is clean at once. If more of these clothes were in the hamper, your closet rod would probably be fine! ;-)