Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Hardier than I would have guessed

We finally got out Sunday night to do some lawn work - rake up the massive number of sticks from the *&(#$^&^ willow tree in the front, pull up a couple of weeds, etc.

Oddly enough, it appears that a couple of my plants from last year actually lived through the winter in their plastic pots sitting on top of some okay dirt. Weird.

An inventory of what lived:
  • 3 Coral Bells
  • 4 Astilbe
  • 1 Choke Berry bush
  • something in a bleeding heart pot that isn't bleeding heart
Now, the question is where to place them.

Here's the fun part - Kitten and Meimei desperately want to help me use the Weed Hound to pull weeds. It takes a little longer that way (they each have to come put their foot on it and "push it down"), but it keeps them in view and they're so excited when it comes up. Keep loving it girls - one day it will be your job!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You'd be amazed at how hardy some plants are. Hey, as long as they have good roots....

It's great having garden helpers, isn't it? Mine still enjoy helping me somewhat. Well, as long as I don't ask them to help for any long periods of time at least.

Happy Veggie said...

I would have totally loved a weed hound when I was a kid.

Most of my hostas are planted now because they can survive the winter of my neglect.

Ms. Huis Herself said...

So, the Weed Hound... is it good? 'Cuz we got weeds. Oh, do we got weeds.

Syl said...

Highly recommend it. A neighbor saw me last Mother's Day pulling them with the little hand tool and brought hers over. Bought one the next week.

Pusher said...

Hooray for ridiculously hardy plants!