Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Not mine

Now, I love getting mail. Especially packages.

But today, I got three boxes for someone I don't know, but with my address on them. I tried calling the number on the return address on the box, but it was just a busy signal . What company has a busy signal?

I tried to look up the last name of the woman on the package in Yellowpages.com, but there was no listing in my area.

I looked the company up on the web and tried calling, but they were closed for the day.

I put in my address to find a consultant in my area (it's a home-selling company for scrapbooking that I haven't heard of before) and emailed one and asked her to see if she can find this girl and have her call me. I haven't heard back yet.

So, what to do. I guess I'll wait a couple of days I guess and see if I hear back. I guess I'll try the company again tomorrow during business hours.

4 comments:

Allknowingjen said...

Was is delivered via UPS or FedEx? You can also go thru them to get it to the right place... or contact the sender for you. The USPS is a lot less helpful though. (and forget it if it was DHL- they are the devil)

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Is it possible that it was a previous owner of your house maybe reordering from a company but forgetting to change her address with them? That's happened to us before.

Good luck getting it returned to her.

Unknown said...

I've had that happen to me too. I got their checks and business cards. What a headache.

Syl said...

We know the previous owners, the only ones, and believe me, we get enough of their junk mail. It's not them.

It was UPS, so maybe I'll try them.