Saturday, May 02, 2009

New Idea?

So, I was trolling the library website this morning (did you know they now have audio downloads???) and I came across book club kits - 8-10 copies of a book and discussion questions. That gave me an idea...

Would anyone be interested in a quarterly book club? We can start a new site, like Recipeeps but with books, and use it to discuss books. Everyone can kind of rustle up their own copy from whatever library you are located with and we'll try not to choose anything too popular so we can ensure it will be available.

Because really, aren't you just dying sometimes to discuss a book with someone?

P.S. - Am currently on book 5 of Kashka's Vamp Crack.

10 comments:

Syl said...

Oh, and you can opt in or out of the current selection depending on your schedule or your preferences.

Feel free to discuss frequency, selections, and general craziness of the theory.

Ms. Huis Herself said...

I'd totally be in.

Yay, books & Yay, discussions with all you fun folks!

I was even thinking a few weeks ago about how fun it'd be to do a book club with y'all, but had no idea how we'd manage the logistics. So, yay!

Kashka said...

Definitely worth a shot.

And, did you know there's new Vamp Crack out shortly?

Allknowingjen said...

I like this idea!
What about hosting it on a forum though instead of through a blog? Something like Lefora.com ?- that way you can have multiple threads, or you could even have a chat room if you wanted. It looks pretty easy to set up and it might be an easier way to encourage discussions. Just an idea. :)

Syl said...

Ooh, even better AKJ. Forum names, anyone?

DiploWhat said...

book crack

Syl said...

Love it!

Unknown said...

I like books, now that both kids are in school I even have time to read occasionally. Not that I "know" most of your other friends or anything, but I don't need to know people to babble at them:).

As for names what about spell bound or lively librarians? I know I've got to be able to come up with something better than those though....

Jaysan said...

Check your mail....

Ms. Huis Herself said...

I love "book crack."