Monday, February 15, 2010

Day off

I had to take today off because it's the one day daycare is closed that my office is not. The sad part is that schools are closed today too, so it was hard to find an activity that didn't involve 75 other children.

I decided on the Ellingson Car Museum and Cabela's. We kicked it off with McDonald's in Rogers, which has a playland, but it was a mistake. There were a ton of other kids there and some were pretty rowdy. The whole setup was like a giant habitrail for kids, so there isn't really a way to go pull your kid out once they've entered the tube. The Hammer got trampled at least once, but they got to go down the slides a few times before I pulled them out.

They were less than wowed by the car museum, but I thought it was pretty cool. They have a DeLorean, a General Lee, a Hudson Hornet, a ton of fabulous cars. The kids were more impressed by the model train set in the gift shop.

Cabela's was a bit more of a hit, what with all the taxidermy. I told the girls the animals were fake. And then there's the two lions attacking the Cape Buffalo - I might have tried to pass it off that they were playing tag...

And then they started to lose it, so it was time to go. No shopping, although we did get a snack upstairs before everything went to crap. And then we got home, I turned on a movie, and they both fell asleep. BOTH. OF. THEM. And that was the end game, my entire goal for the day. Not the cars, or the play place, or the taxidermied bears. Wear them out until they fall over and sleep.

Score.

1 comment:

Pusher said...

Concurrent naps for the win!