Thursday, March 22, 2007

How I spend my free time

  • The fifth Stephanie Plum book - she's currently living with a Little Person FTA and Ranger's getting a bit frisky. And her dad reminds me of Kashka's.
  • People Magazine. Damn Cub, they didn't have the new one this evening.
  • Taxes - working a tougher case, but almost done.
  • Obsession over the state of our money, but not nearly as much as Pants.
  • Thinking that one day, one glorious day, we will actually be able to make a real dinner again instead of slapping something together because both children are crying.
  • Picking out a patio table and chairs set from IKEA. Pants immediately said yes just from the price.
  • Wondering if I should take a landscaping class or if I should just wing it. Wondering how I would go about measuring my lawn so I can lay out a plan.
  • Wondering why the cat is howling at me today.
  • Planning what I would like to do with my bathroom remodel when I finally, actually, get to do it. Which will most likely be done before the kitchen. And hopefully next year, but probably not.

8 comments:

Kashka said...

Have I got a deal for you! Ride up with my latchkey parents the weekend of March 31 for the Moorhead Gardening Seminar. You, too, will want to be Mrs. Eric Bergeson! And, of course, there's a dayful of landscaping classes for the low, low price of $30 (including lunch). Plus: Eric Bergeson!

As for plotting out your yard, I offer my services as someone with Surveying experience -- Pick a weekend in April that's not Easter and I'll show up with a chain (which is surveyor-talk for "tape measure").

Pusher said...

We'd love to have you for the gardening seminar! Ditch the family and come fall in love with Eric Bergeson with us!

And because I'm totally becoming an obsessive gardening geek, I think that after Steph measures your yard we should have a landscaping party. I can bring over my books of plants and my grade-school, construction-paper-and-foamboard yard model, and you can hop on your cool computer program, and we can help each other plan our fabulous outdoor spaces. :-) The Sexy Blonde might be up for it too, depending on house stuff — she has an awesome new yard to fill!

Anonymous said...

Yes, it does all depend on house stuff, but I would totally be there for that if it goes down and I'm not installing a counter top or something.

Allknowingjen said...

Can I come too? I can't make it to meet Eric Bergerson, but would love the gardening geek help...
I've even got a book or two I can bring along.

Kashka said...

OK, so two things:

1. Anyone who's free the weekend of the 31st should come up with Pusher and Puck to Moorhead. I just need to know by Wednesday to get you registered.

2. What weekend shall I come down for Landscapistraviganza? I am open to different titles for that, because it's not actually all that fun to say. Landscaparama? Landscapalooza?

Happy Veggie said...

I'm in for landscaping planning as long as I am not otherwise occupied with the Sprout, or unable to move because of the Sprout turning me into a beached wale. We did one minor project last year and I want to get more done this year. I also have a collection of gardening books that the MIL gave me.

Syl said...

I'm on for Landscapistravaganza. Let me confer with Pants and get a weekend firmed. I doubt I can come for Eric Bergeson, as I can imagine the kittens that will shoot out of Pant's ass when I ask him if I can leave for a weekend. Maybe next year.

Jaysan said...

Can the official title be Landscapalooza? It just rolls for me.