Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Kitten and Meimei are both teething something fierce and Kitten's getting a cold. Or her teeth are so bad it's making her nose run and the drool is gagging her and making her cough.

The warm weekend made me long for gardening and spending the days outside. Kitten loves it. I think we'll be spending a lot of time out there this summer. Can't wait to get out of the house. Of course, now it's going to rain the rest of the week. Hmm.

Yeah, can't care about the delicate little grass, either. I'm stomping it if it means I get to spend some time in the sun.

Got my haircut. It's a bit shorter than I intended. Shorter than the last time I whacked it off. So if I slick it forward like the Mia Farrow thing, I just end up looking like Ross from Friends. I'm spiking it up instead, but now I look like a 12-year-old boy. I figure it will be long enough in a week or two to be over this weird Peter Pan boy-look stage, but we'll see.

Found a patio set for the deck. Pants said yes as soon as he heard the price. Go IKEA! I like the idea of the bench on one side for the kids.

Pants and I walked the house this weekend while the kids napped and worked on the list of stuff we want to get done. My list for this year:
  • Our bedroom. I think with $400 and a weekend, I could make an awesome vacation retreat in there. We never do our room, so it's kind of exciting.
  • Paint the front of the house. We know we can't afford the stone and siding in the front this year, but painting over what can only be described as ORANGE-BROWN, painting the garage doors and removing the weird wood stylized hinge cutouts, putting on new house numbers, and putting up some faux shutters (and removing the 70s plywood "artistic rendition" shutters) should actually do wonders for the look of the house. And because it's only the front, it should just take a weekend or two.
And that's it for this year. That's not so bad, right? Oh, and some of the landscaping in the front.

4 comments:

Allknowingjen said...

That's a very do-able list. Plus it reminds me that last fall we were also talking about having to paint the house in the Spring... need to start thinking about that.
Also, I am pretty sure I have never seen a 12 yr old boy who looks like you- you are very feminine no matter how short your hair is!

Pusher said...

That seems manageable. Especially if you call friends. :-) Most of us Will Paint for Beer, you know.

Syl said...

That's a really nice offer, but since it's just the front, I think Pants and I could paint it in a few hours if we got Grandma to take the girls for the day.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I wish I had a list as short as yours. At least yours is accomplishable. With two houses in our possession, it seems like my lists are never ending! All rooms but the two I've painted are contractor white and well, you saw the other house. Plus, we need at least one more bedroom to stiffle the kid mess that lands every where! Wanna trade????