Saturday, September 15, 2007

Men in Trees

There is a man in my tree. And apparently, he is nuts. But we're keeping his number.

One the neighbors from behind us (so we don't know them) came out in her granny nightgown at about 8:30 and chewed out the guy in the tree for being so loud, so early. We kept going anyway. We're already going to spend the whole day cleaning up our yard and the neighbor's. And pardon us for cutting down the dead tree so it doesn't fall onto your house, bitch.

The man also said we need to cut some arms off the silver maple in the back to keep from losing that one, too. So we might call again next year so as not to kill the neighbor's fence in the process.

And lo, there will be firewood for the winter.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess it's a good thing your neighbor doesn't live over here. I often hear chain saws, snowmobiles, gun shots, dogs and even cattle before 6 am. I'd say 7:30 or 8 is a very reasonable start. You don't want the day to be over before you get anything done!

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Yeah, the tree guys are coming to our new house Monday and Tuesday. We're getting a bunch taken out and limbs removed that are reaching the roof, but further limb removal will wait until next year, I think.

*sigh* So much to do!

Allknowingjen said...

I have neighbors like that! They bitch when the tree is there, and then they bitch when you take it down. Yay for firewood! Which reminds me that I have to call the chimney guy...

Syl said...

Funny, I was thinking that too...

Happy Veggie said...

Can you give me your guy's number? We need to have our silver maple looked at.

Syl said...

sure, it's here somewhere.