Sunday, December 02, 2007

One down...


Kitten's room, formerly ours, has been cleared, painted (ceiling and walls) and moved in. A huge shout out to the dude giving away 5 unopened gallons of paint on Craig's List in Sherwin Williams's Innocent. Now we have enough to do Meimei's room too. Also a huge thanks to MIL for being so excited about the switch that it nearly forced us to just get it done already (and who helped immensely and kept us going when we wanted to be done for the day), and to SIL for bringing pizza and watching the kids while Pants finished adjusting the new snowblower and got the driveway done. And to both of them for bathing the kids afterward.

Of course, Kitten is losing IQ points as we speak from sleeping in a freshly painted room, but we can discuss that when she fails 1st grade.

5 comments:

Happy Veggie said...

I'm trying to ignore the purple dinosaur in that picture but not doing very well at it... seriously?
Otherwise, looks really cool.

Syl said...

came free, of course. And is now tucked safely inside the cabinet.

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Cute!

And I have to say I'm jealous, looking at that done room in the midst of my boxes everywhere.

Anonymous said...

I love it!

Reminds me though, that I really need to get on top of getting my painting done. I'm still at 2 down 4 to go, plus the rooms awaiting finishing in the basement. I guess I'll have to hang the drywall down there before I can paint though....

Syl said...

Ms. Huis - what you do not see in this picture is our bed in pieces, the mattress on the floor in the basement, and piles of laundry everywhere. All is not pink and rosy, just this one room.

We're moving on to Meimei's this weekend.