Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Through children's eyes

I have removed Christmas lights from my list of things to do so I can get them after Christmas on sale. And my ideas of lights have changed after seeing them through my kid's eyes.

I used to like the simplicity of white lights. Only white.

But now I love the multi-colored icicle lights, sprinkled like candy from the eaves and porch railings. I love the white and red alternating lights one of the neighbors has on their evergreen. I love the mixture of blue and white icicle lights in one of the neighborhoods on the way home. I have fallen in love with colors and combinations and more is better. Because in the eyes of my children, those are the prettiest houses around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess I have vascillated between the two. My kids like any kind of lights. They ooh and ahh about lights no matter what colors they look at.

I've always liked multi-colored lights, but then I am a bit anal if they burn out. I need to keep the pattern intact, so I search forever for the right color. It's just too big of a headache for me to try to keep all the lights in the "right" spot. Plus, a "new" light may have a different brightness than the older lights on the strand. Does that make me crazy?