Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Hoping to become a fish owner

Kitten has been doing very well on the potty, going most of the weekend staying dry, although she is still having accidents once or twice a day, mostly in the evening. Last night she was dry when we changed into pajamas, though. We sent her to daycare today in underwear and agreed that she would wear a pull-up during nap time. She doesn't seem to have the sleeping thing down at all.

I promised her this weekend at the pet store that if she could stay dry for 7 days straight, she can get a fish. We will also be pulling her from daycare then and putting her into a preschool - another mom at daycare who put her older child in preschool recently said that any residual potty issues they had before cleared up immediately when he started school with the other kids.

So I'm hoping by November 1 to have both a small aquarium and a kid in preschool. Then we start working on The Hammer (who does seem interested, but will just sit on the potty and hasn't actually peed in it yet.)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! Let me know if you want a free tank. I've been debating donating the ones that are sitting in the basement collecting dust to Goodwill before we consider another move. I have a barely used 5 gallon aquarium as well as 2 of those hexagon shaped tanks complete with pumps, filters, etc. Don't know if I can access blogger via my cell phone, but if you're interested let me know via facebook, okay? Good luck!

Syl said...

Day 1 - dry. Six more days and we're gonna call her trained.

ShoNuff said...

I think we have a tank that we got from some of our friends but never used, so if the other is a hassle or you go on a kick and get a bunch of fish we can probably give that one up... I think it is a five gallon.