Monday, June 04, 2007

I'm a Loser, baby

I am finally done with it all. I have joined The Biggest Loser at work, where those who want to join pay an entry fee and the women compete against the women and the men against the men. Each month, June through August, the person of each sex who has lost the most weight wins a portion of the ante. Each month is its own competition, so if you don't win in June, you can still win July or August. There is also a total percentage competition for the whole three months.

I weighed in on Friday for my initial weight. Egad. I'm just going to come clean with it right here: 202.4. So my goal is 70 pounds total. Not this summer, but total loss. I want to weigh 132 pounds. It popped into my head one day and seems like a reasonable number. Not too thin, not overweight.

I don't know when that will happen, but I will work toward it. I am doing alright over the weekend. But I am on vacation this week (daycare is closed) and we will see. I don't know what's harder - eating well when you're off all day, or eating well when you are running in from work and have to feed the kids and decide what to eat and cook for everyone and get baths and jammies and brush teeth and it's a race from 5-7:30 every night.

But I want to be thin. I am tired of being fat. I don't know what will happen if I lose all the weight, particularly with my skin, which is NOT cooperating in any way, shape, or form. But so be it. I just want to be thin again.

6 comments:

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Good luck! Take it slow & steady; make gradual, sensible life changes; and don't be disappointed when it feels like you work & work and only lose a pound (or even gain!). It took time to accumulate and it'll take time to lose.

Happy Veggie said...

I'm sending good shrinking vibes to your skin. The sames ones I'm sending my skin.

Allknowingjen said...

Good Luck! You can dooooo eeeeeet! ;)
Sometimes a cash prize is just the motivation one needs.
2 websites I've been reading lately:
www.formerfatgirl.com/blog/
www.theelffdiet.com
Good inspiring stuff on both of them.

Kashka said...

Get yourself a little notebook (it's necessary, so exempt it from the no-purchases rule), a pretty one (mine was sparkly and said "Princess" on it -- no lie), and write down everything for a while -- what you eat, what you don't eat, what exercise you do, measurements, etc. You'll work out what metrics are best for you, and having it written down makes it real.

DiploWhat said...

Wow - losing weight is really hard. I wish you (and your skin!) the best of luck.
Don't get discouraged if you are working out and then gain some weight. Remember, muscle weighs more than fat, but it also burns more fat! Keep going.

Anonymous said...

You need small, concrete, rewardable goals. Something like "I will excercise 10 minutes a day". Once you work that in to your schedule, then you increase it gradually.

Try changing one "bad" habit at a time. Practice it for 4-7 days to let it become more of a habit before trying to hit the next thing. I'm still trying too. I wish us both luck. If I lived closer, I'd ask you to be my walking buddy!