Thursday, June 07, 2007

We're burning up out here!

Apparently, it's a good thing I have not yet planted my Plant Sale items. They have been sitting out in the newly cleaned out bed for almost two week where we had intended to plant them. And guess what? It's all wrong.

The chokeberries are fine, the hibiscus is loving it, and the Dutchman's ear seems to be okay. My Astilbe has clearly shown its preference for space however, as two are happy and beautiful and two are wimpy and weak. And my bleeding heart are on the verge of bursting into flames.

So my whole garden plan needs to be rethought. At least they aren't actually planted and I can just move them around.

I actually have a living peony in the ugly plant bed in the back that has just bloomed. I'm thinking about transplanting it to somewhere with more sun as soon as it's done blooming. It should probably have more than 5 flowers on it for its size. But yay! That's one of the things I wanted!

Having this week off has really helped me figure out where the sun is all day. I think I found the sunny parts of my yard. Now I just have to figure out what I'm going to put in the front, since I'm taking some of those plants elsewhere. Boo.

2 comments:

Pusher said...

But your house was supposed to shade the bleeding hearts for most of the day! Sigh. If that area is sunny, they and the astilbe are probably out, right?

But hooray for discovering a peony! If it's a really large plant, you may want to divide it. Also, it would be best to wait until fall to dig it up.

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?