Friday, June 08, 2007

Random Thoughts

I think the colds are a joke by the universe because I removed the 6-pack of Puffs from my shopping list. Pants is sick too, P.S. So I guess the house isn't getting painted this weekend.

Anyone have canning equipment I can borrow? Not jars, just the tongs and the big pot and crap. Or is anyone interested in a canning day? I plan to make some jam, some apple butter, and some lemon curd. There were one or two decadent little items that sounded good too, but they were luxuries. Mojito jelly, anyone?

Kitten was absolutely manic today with illness. Why she doesn't get tired, I don't know. But no, my kid goes like she's on crack. She got 4 timeouts within half an hour for throwing toys. Yeesh.

Blech. Why am I not in bed? The sore throat is setting in. I think Pants is a day or two ahead of me on this virus. Seeing the future is NOT what it's cracked up to be.

Jaysan had pizza for lunch today. Thanks for sharing, dude.

Hey! The hops in beer apparently lower cholesterol. Drink up!

2 comments:

Happy Veggie said...

Part of growing up on the commune vegetable farm was canning everything in site. Including watermelon rind pickles. Seriously, they were really good. Let me check with mom/brother and where the stuff is. I'm sure it isn't being used, and I would love to participate. If we do it the weekend after the 4th, we could even get the assistance of the master canner that is my mom. I've been bugging her for years to show me how to do stuff now that I'm old enough to avoid getting burned.

DiploWhat said...

My dad loves watermellon rind pickels. Of course, he also likes pickeled herring. (Yuck!)
I can get you a VERY yummy recipe for raspberry (or other fruit) jam that you don't have to cook. It's really simple and then you don't have to mess with the boiling and parafin and all that junk. It's at home so I'll get it for you this week.