Friday, November 23, 2007

Scenes from a Walmart

Mom and 2-year-old in Children's Clothing. "Get over here now, Destiny, get back in the cart! You need to get back in this cart little girl, what if you got lost?"

5 minutes later in Bed & Bath. Destiny is still not in the cart.

"Elmo!"
"Destiny, you already have an Elmo just like that at home." Waits 2 beats. "If you hold Elmo, you'll have to sit down. Elmo needs to sit down. You should get in the cart together."

I turn the corner to see the 2-year-old, walking in front of the cart, holding a very large Elmo doll.

I wonder if Destiny knew as well as I did that her mother was not going to make her get into the cart. You think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya. Funny how parents can be so stupid like that. They make their words meaningless and then they wonder why their kids think they run the show. News flash: It's because they do!

I would have picked that 2 year old up, placed them in the cart, and belted them in. My kids are always telling me how mean I am. I guess I'll never be considered their best friend now, will I?

Allknowingjen said...

Do not tell me that you were all the Walmarts the day after thanksgiving!? Seriously, I love to shop, but that must be a circle of hell...