Saturday, November 10, 2007

Screwed again

So, we have a new BF TV. Which is lovely. But we want digital satellite to go with it, because you should get to enjoy the quality, right.

We made an appointment for an upgrade of our dish, and we waited 3 weeks because we needed a Saturday appointment.

Then, last Saturday, when our appointment time (8-12) we by, we got a call just after 12 saying they were still so busy with calls they didn't finish from Friday that they wouldn't be able to get to us. They would reschedule us for this week. Seethe.

They were supposed to be here between 8 and noon this morning. Pants and I both called separately to confirm our appointment. At about 1:00, I called DirecTV to complain and was transferred to Premier Communications, their outsourced tech company, where they "left the tech a message" and said they would get back to me when he checked back in.

I called them again at 4:00 because I had heard nothing back. They apologized profusely and said the tech would call me and let me know when he would be coming. They said I had an appointment "today". I confirmed it was supposed to be this morning and that they had not called or shown up. I think they said something about crediting my account, but I'm not entirely sure.

I received a call from the tech at a little after 7:00 tonight, telling me if he can finish the job he is on in 20 minutes he will come. If he can't, he will call. Again, I get nothing.

I called DirecTV again this evening after 10 p.m. to complain and to set up another service appointment, since clearly this one wasn't working out. Apparently, there is a $100 service guarantee that says if they aren't on time, we get paid $100. But then the guy tonight also said the tech was coming in the morning at 7:30, that he had confirmed that with me. I think he's trying to get out of the guarantee, so he's lying about confirming 7:30 in the morning, hoping I will think I misheard him.

And here's how we stand now - I am supposed to call Premier early in the morning and verify if the tech is coming tomorrow or not. I will also be verifying when my $100 will appear. We might get hooked up this weekend still, but I'm not betting anything on it, at this point.

Let's go over the service errors in this one -
  • Calling at noon when they are supposed to be here between 8 and 12. If they are so busy from Friday, didn't they know that at 8?
  • Not calling either week the day before to confirm the appointment, as they were supposed to do.
  • Not calling and not showing up today for the appointment.
  • Not calling me back as promised, even when the tech did not return their call.
  • Not calling me back again as promised.
  • Promising me to come or call in 20 minutes, and not doing either.
  • Asking me to call the tech company prior to 7:30 in the morning tomorrow, as if that's how I would like to spend my time on Sunday.
  • Not telling me about the On-time guarantee until my 5th call to the company today.
  • Not offering me credit on my account (I think?)
  • Routing all of my calls to India (oh, and they were definitely routed to a call center in India. Cyril, my ass. The calls kept cutting out and it was hard to understand them everytime I called.)
  • Sticking me in a voice recognition system that kept deciding I wanted to make a payment.
They still haven't completely gotten this one right. We'll see what happens.

3 comments:

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Oh, that just makes me want to boot 'em in the *ss! Gr! Service is dead indeed!

I think you should keep complaining and talk to managers and until you get the $100 twice. I mean, they did stand you up at least twice, you know?

Happy Veggie said...

I fail to understand why its so hard to meet your time frames. If you are not doing it, consistantly, then maybe you should rethink your comittments.

Unknown said...

How completely frustrating!

Hmm, that reminds me of the $100 rebate I was supposed to get and never did. I went through numerous calls to them about it too. It sure would be nice if they could ever get their act together and do what they promised. I'll have to call them tomorrow. Good luck!