Tuesday, November 06, 2007

The search continues...

If you're bored hearing about my dress woes, you probably want to tune out and come back next week - I'm on a mission and I have a mental disease.

Per AKJ's suggestion, I tried Torrid and that other one, but didn't see anything specific that I liked. I also looked at Alight and Jessica London and found that I had been to both of them already and selected some favorites off them. I absolutely adore alight, but nothing seemed to be quite what I now have my heart set on. I might go back for other dresses, though, because there were so many I loved.

So here's what I'm looking for: a babydoll dress or tunic top that has a black base (not brown, my boots are black and I don't want to have to buy another pair). I want something with a large, colorful pattern. Paisleys are a plus (I just have a thing for them). I'm very drawn to the colors and design of traditional Pucci fabrics. I can't afford Pucci, but anything Pucci-inspired gets an A in my book.

I am going to try to get to Macy's tomorrow to see if they have my dress. I tried one on tonight at JC Penney's, but the cut and fabric were awful.

And thanks to Pusher for correcting my math - I feel so much taller now.

But I'll have to wait an see about the bustline. Bill and Ted are bad surfer-dude noises in disgust, but maybe they can be swayed to make an appearance.

1 comment:

Allknowingjen said...

Crap! I tried to comment last night, but blogger was down and then I forgot to come back. Here's what I think I said:

I have now found at least 3 dresses and one pair of boots that I want to buy for myself! (and I hardly ever wear dresses).

Also, did you know that on the Baby Phat site, there is a similar dress but with a higher/boatneck neckline? Similar pattern/color/price and everything.

I found some dresses that seem to be what you were looking for, but a lot were too summery (strapless or spaghetti strap) but this site was helpful: dress-directory dot com

I agree that you need to go to Macys and try on and maybe browse a bit. They seem to be your best bet right now. I'd also try Marshalls and/or TJ- you might get lucky.