Thursday, February 07, 2008

Buzzkill

I'm so jazzed about the new budget. It seems for the first time like it will make life so much easier instead of being something I fear and want to remain in denial about.

But we can't use it yet. We got a bit behind, what with Christmas and medical expenses. For once, we're not spending much money, but we have almost none anyway because we're scrambling to pay things off. So I don't get to play with the new budget. I don't get to revel in financial security just yet.

But we got our tax refund today (I know Kashka, at least it was closer to right this year instead of the $7000 we got last year). So I paid off the BFTV and paid a couple of things down. A couple of steps closer!!

4 comments:

Kashka said...

True confessions: since I went back to school I've been getting money back too....

Um, are you free for an hour or so over President's weekend to check that there's nothing on my return that'll get me jailed?

Pusher said...

Oh hey, right! Taxes. Can I hire you again? If so, do you want to make a request or shall I send a menu again? If not, no worries. Now that Puck and I are down to one job each, I could probably manage the evil tax paperwork myself without spraining anything. :-)

Unknown said...

I wish I had been able to get mine done and back already. I had so many things I needed to wait for I wasn't even able to get it all together until a week ago. I hope I get enough to give us some breathing room and closer to being able to stick to our budget again.

Syl said...

Kashka, absolutely. Pusher, absolutely, and I'll show you how to do them this year and some cheap and free ways to get them done.

And Cinj, best of luck on the taxes. They said we should get the tax rebate by May too, so hang in there.