Sunday, February 10, 2008

Lessons Learned

#1. Dye Lots - I found out why they say you should buy enough yarn to make your full project all at once, and to make sure the dye lot numbers match. If you're thinking, "How different could the colors be?" it's a lot. Trust me.

#2. The expiration date on, say, a package of hot dogs, is the date until which they will remain edible if you don't open them. If they are opened, you have less than a week. Trust me.

#3. When your height and weight falls just a titch outside the recommended "fits almost everyone" height and weight on the packaging of the knee brace you are considering purchasing, don't. Trust me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! I'm only laughing because I've learned those same lessons the hard way.

I have learned to use whatever I'm going to out of food packages and freeze the rest until I am ready to use it. This has saved us a fortune in food we have no longer had to throw away!

Pusher said...

...Hot dogs expire in a week? This actually gives me a tiny bit more faith in the world. Thanks Syl!