Sunday, February 24, 2008

Random thoughts

I appear to have purchased 2 jars of nutmeg. Anyone want a new, never-opened Nutmeg?

Meimei has decided she likes strawberries and ate all of them out of Pants' helping of fruit tart.

I have physical therapy on Tuesday for them to teach me how to do my knee exercises. The doctor and another women (who apparently appeared for this reason only) made sure to tell me that the first week or so of the exercises will HURT. You know, while the kneecap gets realigned. Just keep going, right through the pain. And eventually you will notice your knee doesn't hurt. Good to know.

Oh, and do you have access to fitness equipment? Because keeping active would help. Yeah, thanks, I needed an orthopedic surgeon to tell me that. (P.S. - do I look like I have access to fitness equipment? Ok, I do, but clearly I am not using it. Thanks, my name is Syl.)

I woke up last night to hear the cat puking, only to find out this morning that at least one episode took place about 2 inches from my head. Ew.


I have 7 rows of an afghan crocheted. Only 65 more to go!

I'm working on another project that I must have crocheted at least 3 times already because I've had to unravel it each time. And now I just figured out what they meant by one of the instructions and was considering unraveling again, but have decided I can just try to continue and see what happens. Now, the finished sleeves that are different widths are another story...

I'm making soup tonight to freeze for lunches. Mmmm. Double corn chowder, turkey vegetable, and hopefully potato cheddar too. I'll post on Recipeeps if they're any good.

3 comments:

Allknowingjen said...

Yeah-I've been through PT for my knee as well- they are not kidding. A week is kind. (though my knee was dislocated so your mileage my vary) Did you ever have braces? You know that "dull ache" feeling you get when they were tightened? Expect that a lot at first too. But in your knee. Also, it's like antibiotics- keep doing them as long as they tell you to even though your knee feels better. But it will feel better- good luck!

Allknowingjen said...

Oh yeah, I also meant to mention Sierra Trading post for better prices on comfy shoes. (but you have to be pretty confident about what size you need)

Unknown said...

Yikes. I hate pain. I suppose if it's supposed to make things better though.... er.

Soup... yum. Do you know how long ti's been since I've had a good soup? My family's not big on soup, unless it's canned tomato with grilled cheese. Not that I don't like it, but having NO variety really makes things old!

The cats? Yuck. I lock mine out of my room at night for many reasons. That would be one of them. That... and them playing with each other on my bed at 2 in the morning. Sorry cats, you're out!