Thursday, February 14, 2008

Shoes

So, I started reading on the internet about patellofemoral pain syndrome and the treatments and preventions. One of the things it mentioned was good shoes, and the fact that any decent shoe will do and will be quite a bit cheaper than orthotics. So I bought a good pair of Naturalizer dress shoes on Tuesday at Macy's huge sale and my knee felt so much better by Wednesday evening.

So I'm going through my shoes and throwing out a bunch, putting some on Craig's List that I don't wear or that don't fit (4-5 pairs of nicer shoes, barely worn, email if you are size 7-8), and putting the rest away. I figure I will need one more pair of good shoes until summer, but most of my summer shoes have to go.

So, yay for shoe shopping, but boo for spending the money.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Good shoes can make all the difference! I tend to stick to one pair of shoes per season. I know I'm not much of a girly-girl so I don't get all the shoes many other get. Oh well. My feet are usually well cared for!

Kashka said...

Are you still in enough pain to not ski on Sunday? Would you like to look at my taxes on Sunday in any event? Because I can show you some stretches I like to use for when my knees act up. And don't get me started on proper arch support.

Pusher said...

hm. I am a size 7-8 and have a decided dearth of nice shoes, but I fear your footwear may be too fashionable for me.

I'm glad you've found good shoes that are helping!

Happy Veggie said...

Shoes are worth every penny in my opinion. Its why I have so many expensive pairs. That now don't fit my larger feet, anyone out there a size 10?
Glad they help. If you need suggestions on some other brands to try, let me know.

Syl said...

Pusher - are you an 8? I have a fantastic pair of Clarks that I have worn about 3 times because they were too big when the leather stretched.

Kashka - no to the skiing, yes to the stretches, and I'll look at your taxes, just tell me what time.

Veggie - would love some suggestions on brands. And many people's feet permanently grow during pregnancy.

Allknowingjen said...

I fell in love with Softspot shoes last fall (Zappos)- true to size, super comfy, yet still fashionable and work appropriate. Not cheap, but not outrageous either.