Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Consultancy?

So, I went to a Pure Romance party on Friday, and I'm considering becoming a consultant. I have several qualifications:

Syl's College of Sexual Knowledge: I have been accused of having a large store of somewhat useless sexual knowledge. What better way to start using some of that in a practical way?

I have experience in training and am good at selling something I believe in. Several people told me I should sell Pampered Chef.

Another pro: women tend to spend more money at these parties than they intended to. I have seen several people go to these not wanting to spend anything or having a limit and they end up spending much more than they thought because they are so excited about the products.

The cons?
Time away from my kids doing parties.
More work on my off time.

So, I'm mulling it over. The consultant I saw this weekend is sending me some more information. Anyone need some romance enhancers?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmm, that's tough. I've been a consultant for a couple of other companies. It can be fun. You can get some extra money and all too. It's difficult to get parties booked on your calendar once you've run out of friend favors. I guess the real question is- is what you're giving up worth more or less than what you'd gain? Good luck with your decision.

Anonymous said...

It's likely - but I'd probably email you privately to get info or to order 'cuz I'm shy that way!

Allknowingjen said...

Well, if it's a thing you really use and believe in, yes, I think you would be good at being a consultant. You could totally do it, you have that friendly & funny but not fake or pushy demeanor- also I think there is something about you that makes people want to confide in you (it's not just me is it? ;) which is particularly useful for pure romance.

But I agree with Cinj, that it's hard to move past that "everyone you know" point. Some people who are such good consultants have to really push to get parties scheduled, and that part of the biz always turns me off. If you are just doing it for S&Gs to see how you do- go for it, if you want to make it a part-time income, that's much harder, IMO.
Anyway, I would host a party for you, I've got some SAHM's I know that I would love to see with a few glasses of wine in them! ;)

Ms. Huis Herself said...

If you do it, could you bring a catalog to GAW this year (trying to schedule the weekend when we see the in-laws at Easter)? 'Cuz that could be fun!