Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Unsuccessful

I have lost the war of putting on 8 lbs. My belt tells me I might have lost even more, as it wants me to go in another loop. My pants are so bunched underneath, they cry all day. I can grab a handful of jeans on either side of my hips at any given time.

So, alas, it must be time to lose weight. Which is what I wanted, but then not. But it's becoming more okay, I guess, and I'm considering some new pants.

I tried on a Gap size 16 today and they fit. That's like a 14 in normal pants.

So I will have to purchase at least one new pair of pants for my business trip in early April. If I try to go in these, my pants will fall off when they ask me to remove my belt at the airport. As if security check wasn't invasive enough.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you. I need to kick it into high gear. It will be easier if I can get my home gym set up. I've been a bit stressed out lately. Hopefully soon I'll be able to close the chapter on this part of my life!

It will take some time, but I'm sure you'll start to feel great. I know I would be! Just think of all of the clothes you'll be able to fit into. Heck you won't even have to go to specialty stores to find clothes that fit properly. That in itself would make me extremely happy!

Kashka said...

Not that I'm encouraging you from purchasing pants, but have you considered suspenders? What with the leg-warmers and puffy vests I've been seeing around campus, I think they're due for a comeback.

Allknowingjen said...

Wow- what a loser! ;) You are right, a Gap 16 is like a regular 14 and that is awesome. :)

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Yay for you!!!

Happy Veggie said...

Yay. I have a a couple of pairs of barely worn gap size 16 jeans, nice boot cut ones, if you're interested. I've been hanging on to them because I can't bear to get rid of something I spent so much on, but I would gladly see them go to a good home.

Syl said...

I'll take you up on that. Besides, we still need to schedule lunch for the nutmeg exchange.

Pusher said...

Congratulations on your failure to gain weight!

Jaysan said...

Just an FYI, there is now a security check at our place too.

If your lucky, you may be randomly chosen for a more thorough inspection... -evil grin-