Wednesday, September 24, 2008

More Random Thoughts

I broke down and got the Lamisil for my raging fungal infection. Again, however, twice daily washing my feet, drying thoroughly, and applying the cream is like asking me to stand on my head every third day and recite the full Catholic Apostle's Creed and "Terence, This is Stupid Stuff" entirely from memory. And then changing to every other day if Tuesday's date is a prime number.

I feel I need to weigh in on Miley Cyrus as a parent of children who watch Hannah Montana. I feel for the girl... up to a point.
  • The Vanity Fair shoot? I wouldn't even have seen the photos if some scaredy-moms hadn't made such a big stink. My kids don't really follow Annie Liebowitz, so we were pretty safe until the photos showed up EVERYWHERE so we could see just how awful they were. And yeah, not really awful at all.
  • Nude pictures of herself showed up on the internet. Did she text them to someone or something? Don't know, don't care. Stupid 15-year-old thing to do, end of story. If she wasn't famous, no one would have ever cared besides her parents.
  • Posting a video on You Tube of herself and a friend making fun of other Disney Stars. Yeah, that was pretty dumb. Can you tell the "Disney family" stance is starting to wear on her? We're starting to move into unacceptable territory - we discourage "mean" teasing in this house.
  • Announcing she was done after the season when her contract has an option for a fourth. Way to tip your hand, toots. I know you started this at 13 and you're much older and wiser now at 15, but hey, your parents signed a contract. And you got famous. Famous enough to shed the Hannah Montana persona and be successful as yourself. So show a little gratitude and finish out your legal obligations.
  • Misbehaving on set to try to get fired - Ok, I was mostly with you until now. I'm pretty sure it's not just a rumor, judging by your recent statements, and I think you and your dad are being bad sports. You will certainly lose my business - this is exactly what I don't want my kids to be. Suck it up and fulfill your promises. No one respects a quitter.
So Bill Clinton proved on the Daily Show last night why he is the greatest president of our time. Talking about how it wasn't a matter of how much love he and Hilary showed to Obama, it was a matter of comparing 2 candidates and deciding which was better for the majority of the American people. If we weren't married, and he were at least 30 years younger, I would so jump that guy.

Well, off to color my hair. Scared to death that I will completely ruin it and have to be embarrassed for the next 6 months. Or go Mia Farrow again. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Allknowingjen said...

What color are you going? I am sure it will look fantastic, don't worry. post pix! (and if it is ruined, see Sally, she's still at the salon on Mondays... she can fix it!)

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Oooh! Good luck! And DEFINITELY post pix!

(Yeah, we haven't watched any Hannah yet - we're still at more of a princess-y stage.)

Pusher said...

Your priorities win.