Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Random Thoughts

So here I am, watching the RNC and Gov. Palin. I can't believe she just used her 4-month old son with Down Syndrome as a way to curry votes. Yack. They say she is the first VP nom in a long time, however, who can field-dress a moose.

Bought some jammies for winter. Mmmm, soft cotton sweatpants jammies.

Egad, did she just compare herself to Harry Truman?

I saw a purse today that I really liked, but oof, it was $150. But it was in a gorgeous chocolate brown and the leather was like butter.

I think I'm going to start counting the buzz words - power broker (bad), hockey mom (good), reformer (good), lobbyists (bad), energy independence (good)...

3 comments:

Kashka said...

The last VP nominee who could field-dress a moose could well have been Teddy Roosevelt, but I would argue for Coolidge.

Why shouldn't she compare herself to Truman? It's as valid as the Republicans still trying to claim Lincoln.

Unknown said...

Geez, who can afford a $150 purse? Eek. My purses cost $20 at most, but I've always been a bit of a cheapskate anyway.

I watched the RNC for an hour last night. I thought she had a pretty good speech for the most part. At least she wasn't droning and boring like so many of the others. I like speeches at give us a reason to chuckle every now and then.

Happy Veggie said...

I heard a thing on NPR today about her religious beliefs that scared me. They basically said that if she believes what her faith does, then Islam is a false religion and that the Iraq war is a holy war. That scares me more than hockey mom, or that she was governor of a state that has less citizens than the metro area.

I love fall. I got to dress the kid in overalls, yay.