Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Small world

So yeah, after 2 weeks, we figured out today that AKJ's uncle is in my training class at work.

It's Greg. And it came up in kind of a weird, roundabout way. I write up these little scenarios based on live accounts for the trainees and they call each other and role play for practice. Clearly, Joe Schmoe can't be the customer every time, so I cull material from my life. So Jim/Jen Brooks was one of the callers.

So your uncle says, my niece is a Jen Brooks. And I come back with the joke that there's a million of them, one of my friends is Jen and she always had trouble until she got married, in fact, that was one of the determiners for changing her name. She called the clinic and gave her first and last name, they asked her middle name (and I gave your middle name), and there were still enough that they had to ask what street she lived on. So your uncle says, "And what street did she live on?" I didn't know, but we both started to get the idea that we might be talking about the same person. He mentioned his niece had a 2-year-old daughter, I gave him your married name, and we figured it out. But it came up in such a roundabout way, it was so weird. We never would have guessed it.

7 comments:

Allknowingjen said...

Really?!?! Which one? I hope it's one of the cool ones...And how on earth did this come up?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Geez! What's with all the spam here today? It sure is a small world, isn't it?

Allknowingjen said...

LOL! That's really funny! :) I thought you had mentioned where you went to school or something - but I like your actual story better! Small world indeed. (And *whew* he is one of the cool ones.) I'll have to call him and tell him to behave himself! ;)