Monday, September 15, 2008

Not fired yet

Kitten: We go this way?
Pants: Isn't it amazing how she knows this whole neighborhood? She could probably direct someone to our house. (Stops the car at stop sign.) Which way now?
K: That way (wrong way).
P: Okay, you just want to go that way because there are kids playing. (Stops at next side road where we normally turn.) Which way should we go now?
K: That way (straight).
P: Ok. That's a new one. We're going this way?
K: Yeah. We go this way and we, we, we, then we go to McDonald's.
P: (turning to me) If she actually directs me on how to get to McDonald's, you are so completely fired as a parent.

5 comments:

Ms. Huis Herself said...

LOL! Sweet Ginger Pickle, that's funny. :)

Allknowingjen said...

Wait- we can be fired?!?

Pusher said...

Hee! Kitten's awfully smart.

Syl said...

I know, I've been trying to get fired for 3 years, but the management really sucks around here.

Unknown said...

Ha! I LOVE that. Maybe you should have come back with "Maybe you should learn how to cook too", (I mean you DO both work after all. Don't moms ever get tired once in a while!) My kids could tell me how to get to Wal-Mart when they were about that age....