Sunday, February 15, 2009

Now looking 25% less hillbilly

So Pants' brother hauled the Intrepid away last night, leaving only 3 cars in our driveway: the Scion, the Escape, and the truck. I'm just happy to have that thing out of the driveway.

Other news:

Kitten smacked her head on a plaster column this afternoon and got a giant goose egg above her eye.

We got our tax refund back. For the first time in months, I have money. It'll be gone tomorrow, but today, I have money!

I just baked a huge ham and will be trolling recipeeps for anything including ham.

6 comments:

Jaysan said...

You're title may go too far, because even though the Intrepid didn't run, it wasn't up on blocks. So I don't think you can claim a full 25%.

Happy Veggie said...

I like making bean soup with the ham bone (and any leftover bits of hame. Use white beans, sage and tomatoes.

Pusher said...

Dude, right! Taxes! Are you up for it this year?

Syl said...

I'm in. Name your date.

Pusher said...

Can you do a weekend? That gives me more prep time for the meal. Name your entree! :-)

Unknown said...

LOL. Love the title. BIL said I was a hill billy just the other day. Okay, maybe it was a couple of weeks ago.

Doesn't it feel good to have money no matter how short of time you may have it? I've paid off a few of our credit cards with ours too. Only a couple left. Yay. Now I'm praying that Cheesehead gets some good sized bonuses to dig us out of this hole we've found ourselves in. Maybe I'm being overly optomistic in these hard financial times....