Friday, February 13, 2009

When they mention "cab-forward design", you should run away

SIL has pretty much destroyed her car. I don't know how or what is wrong, but her car is out of commission.

Pants has offered his Intrepid, but no good deed goes unpunished. He jumped the Intrepid (it's been parked in the driveway for 9 months) to get it moving. Something happened that smelled very bad and the car died diagonally across the upper portion of our driveway.

We had Pants' uncle, aunt, and mom help us push the car back up onto one side of the driveway and up by the garage. We're going to try a new battery tomorrow, but there is one problem.

Cab-forward design.

This was a great selling feature -more leg room, bigger cabin, generally roomier feeling. The drawback is that you can barely wedge your fingers into the engine compartment, much less refill any fluids or change out the battery. So I guess we'll see what happens in daylight.

2 comments:

Jaysan said...

If I remember right, you have to take the wheel off to change the battery.

I thought it was worth it to have the more leg room, but then again, I never had to change my own battery...

Pusher said...

If it's any consolation, the very bad smell does make it fairly likely that a new battery would make the Intrepid go again. I've had many a car with alternator issues, which taught me that an overcharged battery smells like sulphur.

Good luck with the getting to it part!