Saturday, December 02, 2006

My fridge is stuck in a snowstorm

My new refrigerator is parked in Indiana. In a snowstorm. Which I can totally understand and forgive.

What I really have an issue with is getting hung up on by what they said was the automated system three times when I tried to find out what was wrong, why the fridge wasn't being delivered. I highly suspect I was not hung up on by the automated system. I work in a call center and it sounded an awful lot like the phone was being picked up and then disconnected. I then tried another number and it sounded an awful lot like I was being routed back into the queue several times before I got someone to pick up. An attempt was made to get me to Customer Relations, but I was given the store number for the Mankato store instead. The Mankato store manager was a little confused as to why I was calling.

Anyway, Pants finally called the delivery number again and found out about the snowstorm. Had they said that on the message initially, this whole thing could have been avoided. I will be writing a letter to Sears Consumer Relations regarding their phone systems and their delivery systems.

No comments: