Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Update on goals

Yeah, so the goals were a bit ambitious. I have not yet eaten breakfast. Not once. The TV went off the first day at 11 but came back on as soon as Kitten went down for a nap. I think Kitten's getting her fruits and vegetables, but it's hard to tell because of the amounts of them that end up on her face and bib now that she's eating by herself. We haven't been to the mall yet, maybe tomorrow. I did buy the water, but have yet to drink two in a day. They are currently frozen into single-serving ice blocks out in the garage.

So, today is another day. TV will go off soon. Kitten is eating a fruit, although much of it is on her bib. I will go to the grocery store today and get some fruit. I will go out to the garage now and get some water started on the thaw. We will go to the mall tomorrow afternoon, although whether it's for Santa or Underwater Adventures is up in the air. I will eat breakfast tomorrow while I blog (during Sesame Street).

I knew that I would not complete all of these things daily. I knew that I would fail. And there is something actually a bit liberating about failing the whole first week. Now I don't have to be perfect, I can miss an item here or there and it's okay. The intention is good.

1 comment:

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Isn't there a quote something like that - to shoot for the moon & maybe you'll hit a star instead? Congrats on getting the failures out of the way?!? :) Anyway, good luck with your goals for the next while. BTW, serving Kitten the fruits and vegs is totally what I'd count - how much she may or may not eat is kind of up to her, but the good stuff is there - you're doing your part!