Thursday, February 15, 2007

Acting like I always have $7000 in my checking account

Ok, we got an obscene amount of money back from the government. Like, it's pretty wrong to get that kind of money back. It happened once before, but only because we were able to claim the adoption credit after paying out $6000 and waiting a year, even though we didn't finalize an adoption.

And yes, I already changed my deductions so I keep more money during the year instead of getting it back at the end.

Anyway, the really sad part is that even with the tax money and BOTH of our bonuses, we still won't be able to pay off the total amount of our credit. Some of the money is going to get ahead on our bills, and the appliances are totally paid off. But because we charged up the card while I was out, we won't even get it all done. Most of it, yes. But not all.

Scary.

1 comment:

Allknowingjen said...

I hate it when I get a bonus or a refund and it's already spent. Man, being a grown up sucks sometimes.