Thursday, February 01, 2007

I'm fat as hell

And I have decided I can't care right now. I tried, I just can't. Not until both kids are sleeping all night, alone, in their own beds. We have taken several steps back this month, amid a couple of steps forward.

Meimei will now not sleep at night in her crib. While she was sick, she would wake up after about 10 minutes in there, and because I was sick, I just brought her into bed with me after the second or third time each night. Now, although she sleeps alone for naps both at daycare and here, she will not sleep alone at night. Oh, how quickly we backslide.

Kitten has continued to have fits, and the one the night after my last post was worse and much longer than the one I wrote about. It nearly lasted the entire two hours she is home and awake at night. Tonight she was on the verge for awhile but only had one where she really just laid down and kicked. It doesn't help that Pants and I can't get on the same page on how to handle them. I say we absolutely stop dealing with her when she gets that far, stop looking at her even, but he thinks he can get her out of it. Tonight he did, but he hasn't been terribly successful the last couple of nights.

On the better news front, Kitten did not wake up tonight half an hour after we put her down. Oh crap, can she hear me typing? She just started crying, I'm am NOT kidding. Ok, it sounds like it was just in passing. Anyway, she hasn't gotten up tonight, although last night she was crying down there for almost 15 minutes after I went down to hug her and put her back down. Maybe she has gotten the point.

Now if only Meimei would get it.

On second thought, I might start caring about my weight if my hair grows back in.

1 comment:

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Poor thing! (You, I mean, not them. *grin*) Yeah, the backsliding is easy and the retraining is hard. I'm the one who is most likely to wake up and go in during the night if Pumpkin wakes up, while Mr. Kluges thinks we should tough it out and let her fall back asleep on her own. Fortunately, so far, she's been good about sleeping the whole night through again.

The not-being-on-the-same-page thing is hard. *shrug* Maybe you and Pants decide that you don't deal with her when she's like that and he gets, say, 10 minutes to try to jolly her out of it, & if that's a no go, then you both ignore it? That way if it's something not so bad, he might be able to comfort her, but if she's into having a fit to have a fit, then you can cut your losses and take away the power of attention?

I dunno - I'm just going to treasure the "still only have one to keep me up and drive me nuts" for a little bit longer after reading your post!