Monday, February 05, 2007

Waiting for the Frogs

I've decided to paint my door with lamb's blood, in hopes that the next plague will just pass over.

Let's review:

Kitten got a cold the first week of January. I caught it that weekend.

Meimei got a cold at the end of the second week. I came down with it the following Monday. It turned into a sinus infection by Tuesday and by Friday, it had hit my chest and sat there for a good 5 days or so.

Meimei came home this last Friday with a fever and she has contracted yet another cold. This might be the one Pants has had, but she was coughing so hard this morning that she threw up three times. We are home today so she can rest. I thought it was unfair to dump her on daycare when she is this needy.

And, of course, I have contracted this cold as well. So this is my fourth week of illness. I think I kicked the sinus infection, but there's still time to develop another one.

3 comments:

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Yeah, welcome to daycare germs. Whenever you get so many kids in close proximity, with all the snot and drool, you're gonna get germs. Well, hopefully you'll all build up nice, strong immune systems, able to tackle any bug they come across in school. Best of luck with recovery!

Kashka said...

The blood will just keep God from killing your first born. I think you have to actually be Hebrew to avoid the rest of the plagues. But, if it's going to lead to Greek cooking, go ahead and kill a lamb.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun exposing children to daycare? I got lucky, the first one and I got the germs bad when I started working at the daycare, by the time the second one started there we were only sick 1 or 2 times. Hopefully it won't be long before you are at that point too. Being sick is miserable!!!

BTW, I have internet at home again! Yay! Hopefully I'll have more time to pop in and visit again now!