Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Um, sorry, have you seen my $12 Billion?

"I know that $12 billion seems like a lot when you stack it up on palettes..." Yeah, I know that a few years in congress seems like a lot when your constituency is waiting to vote your ignorant ass out...

So the government cannot account for the $12 billion in cash they sent over to Iraq to boost the economy. The Iraqis say it's because of their poor bookkeeping and payroll systems. Those wacky Iraqis.

In totally unrelated news, I have my fourth cold this year, about 3 days behind Kitten's cold. Meimei is about 2 days behind me, but Pants decided to buck the system and got the flu instead. I guesstimated today (in the cough and cold aisle of Downtown Target) that we have spent nigh on $80 on assorted infant and adult cold medications this year alone. It's not even the end of February.

And yet I soldier on, attending work every day (can you hear the sighing?). Except those two days when I got the sinus infection. I'm just waiting for this one to turn that corner so I can pull a vacation day, drive the kids to daycare, hit the clinic for my Penicillin substitute, drop some Q, and watch Law & Order until I drift into a drugged stupor and start speaking to Buppy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have seriously got to get some Zicam. And some zinc. Damn! That sucks. I hope you're feeling better soon and that you stay that way for a couple of minutes. Same for the rest of the fam.