Monday, February 26, 2007

Hello again

It's been quite awhile in posting, but I took some time out. To clean, you ask? To parent? To finish projects? That's just crazy talk! I've been catching up on the Amazing Overshare, now linked from here because it is so funny. So wrong, but so funny.

Meimei is still not sleeping alone, for those of you wanting to do me bodily injury. She naps on her own for a short time, but not as long as she should, and she doesn't fall asleep by herself as much as I was hoping. And she still sleeps with me. Eventually, I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and do it, but I'm not ready yet.

Meimei has now gotten her second tooth and is eating rice cereal each day for one of her meals. We are also eating bananas now and will try sweet potatoes next. She has gotten very good at eating and the food mostly stays in her mouth now. She is very infatuated with the cat and will track her all over the livingroom.

Kitten is starting to get her 2-year molars and it's getting cloudy with a chance of tantrums. Two days last week she refused to eat almost everything. She's constantly chewing on stuff and is testing more than ever.

I ordered a plain wooden stool on clearance from Target (I walked by the damn thing in the store, on clearance, 10 times and didn't want it until I couldn't get it any more) and a kitchen timer so we can have a true naughty stool. We have started yelling a lot to get our point across, because at first it was effective, but now I can see her pushing it farther and farther and we're yelling more and more and louder and louder. I don't like it and I think we can control the problems without the yelling. The yelling seems to feed it, like she is trying to get us to do it after a while.

4 comments:

sullenfish said...

A true naughty stool, huh? Wow.

I think what's important here is for me, a third party observer with no children of my own, to explicitly instruct you on precisely how you should be properly raising yours.

No, wait. The opposite of that.

Allknowingjen said...

See? I told you it was funny! (and a little voyeuristic)

A naughty stool? I hope you are also perfecting saying "that is not asseptable" and "naughty" in the Super nanny accent -because that is the fun part. :)

Syl said...

Oh, I already have that part down. I'm even going to have them start calling me Jo Jo.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it just lovely when children can start making the decision to be naughty on purpose? Look on the bright side, at least your children aren't 10 and still tantrum throwing. You are smart enough to do something about it when they are young. Bravo, Jo Jo!