Sunday, October 07, 2007

In which I rock the house...

So, apparently if you can crow bar my butt off the couch for a few hours of cleaning, sometimes I can't stop.

I cleaned and organized the junk drawer in the kitchen.

I cleaned off the side counter, which normally just collects crap.

I moved all the garage sale stuff into the well area, and organized the extra stuff on the shelf under the stairs.

I cleaned and reorganized the linen closet in the bathroom, using one of those plastic shoe pocket door hangers on the inside of the door. AWESOME.

I vacuumed upstairs. This may not sound like much, but it's a lot in this house, as one of the children is afraid of the vacuum.

I moved about half the toys out of the livingroom and swapped some of the others out. We were getting overrun.

I got through all of the dishes. And cleaned the counters and stove.

And my crowning achievement? Check it out:

If you haven't been here, you might not know what this is. What this means. You might think I just went out and got a new shower curtain. But oh, it's so much more.

Those of you who have been here might know what I'm talking about. This morning, my bathtub had shower doors. Icky, dated, moldy, rusty shower doors. I took them off. And then went shopping.

Bath time was so much easier with those doors out of the way!

P.S. - don't the fabulous, retro pattern and the great colors almost make it look like I should have lime green bathroom fixtures?

4 comments:

Allknowingjen said...

Holy crap woman! Who put a quarter in you?
LOVE the curtain though! It does look like it was made specifically for YOUR bathroom.

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Impressive!!!! And the shower curtain looks great!

Pusher said...

...wanna come do my house next? ;-)

I'm very impressed. And yeah, that shower curtain improves your bathroom infinitely.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Sounds like you've been busy. I still have much to do around here too. Luckily no retro fixtures to decorate around though. I like how the toilet and potty chair match!