Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Random Thoughts

So, if I pled guilty to a crime that I was arrested for, and then people found out and I was embarrassed, I could appeal my plea? 4 months later? Would I have to wait until everyone found out, or could I change my mind about my guilty plea if it was still just my (guilty) little secret?

I was cut off by the same green Blazer no less than THREE TIMES this morning on the way to work. And do you know what really irks me? His flagrant lack of blinkers? His sudden darting into my and various other lanes? His 2-inch proximity to my front bumper on several occasions? No, it's the fact that, even with all the lane changes and cutting me off over a 7 mile stretch of freeway, he still ended up RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME at the end of the journey. Excellent plan, dude. Endanger everyone's life for, um, getting to work no earlier than if you drove legally.

And then, when I got downtown, a very large van ahead of me pulled over to the curb in front of the Target office building. Now, I hate these people - the drop-off-ers, who back up traffic waiting for a spot so they can pull over to the curb (or worse, they stop traffic and don't pull over at all), and they don't get over far enough, and then they try to pull some asshole move when they are pulling away from the curb 2 seconds later, cutting everyone off and stopping traffic again. But this van was not dropping someone off - he just pulled to the side. But his van was too large for the designated parking area next to the curb, so he already stuck out into my lane. AND THEN HE OPENED THE DOOR. AND GOT OUT. INTO THE STREET. WHERE IT WAS NEARLY INEVITABLE THAT I WOULD HAVE HIM AND HIS DOOR DRAPED ACROSS THE HOOD OF MY BRAVE LITTLE TOASTER. How dumb are you? It comes equipped with side mirrors, pal. Use them to save your life.

Great. That's all my PTSD needs is a horror film about a parking ramp.

I really don't like the Sarah Silverman Show. Is that so wrong?

8 comments:

Allknowingjen said...

OMG! I should not have watched that trailer. Seriously. My imagination doesn't need the help.

The Sexy Blonde said...

Haven't watched the trailer. Don't need the anxiety! But I don't care for Ms. Silverman's humor. I cringe at the commercials for her show. If I let it bother me more, she might be moved up to nemesis status, but I don't think I want to expend the energy on hating her...

DiploWhat said...

That trailer cracked me up. So totally unreal. yeah - a parking garage with a pull down gate without any other cars there...and the whole elaborate place to keep her etc. Now, just some guy lurking in a parking gargage waiting to do some damage - give me something real if you want me to be scared. =)

Allknowingjen said...

Yes, and Sarah Silverman is sometimes funny, but not often enough or funny enough to have her own show.

Happy Veggie said...

Re. crime - What a first class idiot. I thought the gays were smarter than that.
re. Ms. Silverman - Can't stand her, don't get her appeal. Won't give in to it being the IT show for smart people.

Pusher said...

I'm so glad I don't have to drive downtown. Of course, if I worked downtown I could take the bus. Stupid public transportation not going suburb-to-suburb. Still, you've made me appreciate my commute a little more.

I've never actually watched the Sarah Silverman show, but I'm just generally kind of done with "Look how shocking I am!" humor. I don't know if it's because I've had my fill or because I'm getting old and stodgy. I suspect both. I'm glad it exists, but it's not my cuppa.

sullenfish said...

Regarding the Honorable Senator from Idaho, who among us can truly condemn a man that has so generously graced us with the phrase Wide Stance Republicans?

Unknown said...

Sometimes I find myself forgetting what it's like to drive in the cities. I start to complain about "all the traffic" whan I see 5 or 6 cars in a row. I get my reality check when I go back to visit or fix up the rental property.